The Visionary Chronicles
PODCAST CHRONICLE: May 25th,2021
“A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and the soul of its people…” Life Wisdom from Gandhi
PODCAST: CULTURE & COMMUNITY | Critical Anchors for a Brand
When you think of a brand’s Culture and Community, they do not seem tangible from the inside looking out. However, a brand must look at these anchors from both the inside and outside perspectives. This perspective is where many brands fall short of creating a loyal base of consumers who then become part of your brand lifestyle- your Community. A brand’s Culture is earned over time and can not be purchased; it must always be authentic and why it takes so long to build.
Once created, you must always nurture it to grow it. Plants do not grow without sunlight, water, and some TLC. A great analogy to building and growing your Community. A brand culture should be tangible, living it out every day inside the four walls, and communicated outside to those who want to join your Lifestyle positioning. It is crucial to both explain and understand “who” you are, “what” you do, “why” you exist, and “how” you engage.
Culture is one of the most important ingredients you can add to your brand formula. If your Community does not perceive your product as premium or authentic, they will not be loyal, nor will they pay a premium for the disconnect. These two anchors are essential to your brand’s health and will keep you running ideally for generations.
Keep it authentic and consistent. There are several keys to unlocking these two anchors;
1. Be Authentic; to build a community and have them stay loyal, repeat customers, you must remain authentic to who you are and what you do. If you have a disconnect from the branding, messaging, or product, you will inevitably lose followers, and your brand equity will be gone.
2. Be Consistent; do not say one thing, and do another. Enough said…
3. Be Proactive; ensure everyone inside and outside the brand understands your positioning and the Culture will take of itself. You can not BE a brand if you ARE not a brand. It is earned, even when you are paying for it! Continually engrained into the minds of those who have a passion for what you do and embraced by those who follow your company, both visually and verbally.
4. Be Committed; stay committed to your Foundational Principles, do not change, just adapt and evolve.
5. Be Visionary; all great Leaders have a passion for creating and executing against Visionary goals. This passion drives them to be Visionary Leaders, someone whom others follow.
Being great is a choice. A long-term vision and commitment drive a consistent will to stay TRUE to your principles and positioning. Genuine, authentic Visionaries are rare, but they a path for us to follow. For those daring enough to take on this Journey, they have led the way!
Enjoy your Journey!
In my new Podcast, Culture & Community | Anchors for a Brand Success, I discuss why defining your Culture and building your Community authentically leads to a Loyal customer base.
We discuss this and other business strategy topics and pressing issues facing Entrepreneurs, Executives, and Small Business Owners. Please check out “The Visionary Chronicles” on these sites.
If you like what you hear, I would appreciate you providing a rating and following to receive my weekly Podcasts, along with exclusive content as a follower. Subscribe to The Visionary Chronicles PODCAST, and receive The Visionary Chronicles Newsletter, along with a FREE Vision Notepad.
Visionary Interviews, I will be doing some upcoming interviews with some icons in the industry. If you happen to know of someone I may want to interview, please let me know. Just provide some brief information, and if it works, we will reach out.
LiquidMind A Brand Strategy Firm for those looking to disrupt their industry, build a global digital platform, business execution leadership, or just need someone who understands your business’s complexities and can provide solutions.
Bryan Smeltzer is a successful consumer products business executive and entrepreneur. He has held executive-level roles in business development, product, and marketing with some of the world's most prestigious brands, including; Oakley, TaylorMade, Adidas, K-Swiss, Schutt Sports, among other international brands. In addition, Mr. Smeltzer founded an apparel brand, successfully running a profitable business for ten years, eventually selling to a VC firm. He currently oversees LiquidMind Inc., a global brand strategy firm that partners with both start-ups and established brands to empower their businesses to think different, be different, drive a passionate culture, and execute relentlessly.