The Visionary Chronicles PODCAST
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower…”
Wisdom from Steve
Perseverance | How to Adapt to an Opportunity and Succeed
In the environment we currently find ourselves in; it may be counterintuitive to suggest finding an opportunity to succeed versus maintaining the status quo.
I have worked directly with and met many global leaders, visionaries, those who set the path forward for brands. I found a common trait with each of these leaders, PERSEVERANCE, the ability to remain steadfast in executing on their VISION despite the difficulty in achieving its success. Perseverance is a trait that is easier said than done, and those who authentically have it more often than not succeed where others fail.
I have found over the years in being a part of or working directly with these global ICONIC brands (Oakley, TaylorMade, adidas, Nike, etc.), each has always found a way to set the path forward regardless of the fog that lies ahead.
It is one thing to define an opportunity; it is another to execute on the path to achieve its success. I have found there to be five distinct areas most of these visionaries and companies have in common when faced with realizing these new opportunities;
- Stick to your Path/Plan, always take two steps forward, continue to progress. Remain flexible, divert when necessary, but assure the new direction ultimately achieves your Vision.
- Do not listen to naysayers. Visionaries are always ahead of those who are behind in their thinking. Be sensitive to opinions, but understand each must move the company towards realizing the new opportunity. Be a team, but be a leader. The road ahead in a crisis is full of barriers; take them on one by one.
- Be realistic; it will take you longer than you think and cost more money than you had planned.
- Be creative, whether it be product, financing, logistics, find a way to provide value to those who engage with and buy from your brand.
- Have thick skin; you will be hit on all sides, be sure to stand tall, remain persistent, engage your team, and communicate continually.
• Defining an opportunity is easy; executing on your Vision is difficult.
• This is a “once in a lifetime” opportunity to establish your company, drive revenue growth, and secure your future.
• Remember, define your Vision, have a Plan, set your path, support your team, communicate relentlessly, persevere through the barrios, and you will succeed.
Podcast In my new Podcast, Perseverance | How to Adapt to an Opportunity and Succeed, I discuss how to find an opportunity through a disruption, execute a cohesive plan, and succeed.
The Visionary Chronicles Podcast
We discuss this and other business strategy topics and pressing issues facing Entrepreneurs, Executives, and Small Business Owners.
Please check out “The Visionary Chronicles” on these sites.
If you like what you hear, I would appreciate you providing a rating and following to receive my weekly Podcasts, along with exclusive content as a follower.
Bryan Smeltzer is a successful consumer products business executive and entrepreneur. He has held executive-level roles in business development, product, and marketing with some of the world's most prestigious brands, including; Oakley, TaylorMade, Adidas, K-Swiss, Schutt Sports, among other international brands. In addition, Mr. Smeltzer founded an apparel brand, successfully running a profitable business for ten years, eventually selling to a VC firm. He currently oversees LiquidMind Inc., a global brand strategy firm that partners with both start-ups and established brands to empower their businesses to think different, be different, drive a passionate culture, and execute relentlessly.